2018 Planner Decisions: Erin Condren Life Planner vs. Plum Paper Planner

I am the first to admit that there's only a short list of things in my life that get me really excited. My husband always says I am just too content with life.  One exception to that is planners.

A little background on my planner obsession.  I'm one of those people that used a planner as far back as middle school to help keep track of school assignments, birthdays, events, and things to remember. It was always part of my back-to-school shopping to pick out a planner for the school year and at the end of the year I loved looking back through it to see how the year progressed. 

Sometime during my college years I made the switch from the academic year planner to the annual planner, and in 2016 I got my first personalized Erin Condren Life Planner.  I got the colorful, horizontal layout and used it to document my work, school, and personal calendar.

It held up well over the year, but my one complaint was that by the end of the year the interchangeable cover was frequently separating from the coil.  I also felt like the horizontal layout wasn't working for me like I had hoped it would since I was constantly separating it into 3 boxes.

In 2017, I again got an Erin Condren Life Planner, but this time chose the neutral, vertical layout.  Also, to try and avoid the cover problem I had the year before I ordered the Lux cover with the pre-printed metallic quote that was not interchangeable.  Bonus: it was purple, my favorite color. I absolutely loved this cover; it was AMAZING! Not only was it pretty, but it easily handled all the wear and tear from the year and protected the interior without any issue.

So here we are, December of 2017 and it's time to decide on my 2018 planner.  Let me tell you, I have spent WAAAAAAY too much time over the last month deciding on what planner I want for the 2018 year.  The reason for that is that none of the Erin Condren planner options fit my needs this year.  I debated and debated between all the options-- hardbound or spiral bound, Lux cover or interchangeable cover, Deluxe Monthly Planner or Life Planner.  Finally after watching many review and comparison videos on YouTube, I made the decision to switch to a Plum Paper Planner for 2018.

My reasons for switching mostly comes down to customization and cost. I didn't love any of the Erin Condren Lux covers this year, and for $40 I couldn't justify settling on one I didn't love. The hardbound planners were my next choice, for $25, but for as much as I wanted to try them, I didn't like that my only options were black with metallic gold accents and a neutral interior or grey with metallic rose gold accents and a colorful interior. Plum Paper, on the other hand, has so many customization options and a base price of $32.

I ordered my Plum Paper Planner last night.  With a personalized cover, custom labeled layout, and 3 add-ons the total cost was $44.50.  I think it's safe to say that I'm very excited about this purchase and will be talking about it more as the year goes on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Year In Review: 2012

Senior Year: Procrastination in an art-form...

Junior Year: Let the stress begin....