Junior Year: And Life Goes On...

I finally feel like I'm at a stable point right now in life. It's spring break and I am about to go to California for the very first time to see a friend I haven't seen in over a year! I could not be more excited about it...and on top of it, this will be my first plane ride since about 2006. I love plane rides--take offs and landings are my favorite--and just that freedom you have when you're in the airport getting ready to go on an adventure, not completely knowing where it's going to take you, but knowing that your destination is where you want to be. I love it and can't wait to be in the airport, boarding my plane, taking off, being in the air, and landing...and then doing the whole thing all over again 5 days later!!

I'm really starting to like my independence a lot. I was in a relationship for so long that I didn't know what independence even was. I like being able to do what I want, when I want, how I want without having to worry about how someone else will react to it. It's amazing that I was missing this for so long. I've found out so much about myself, and I love it! I love who I am and what I'm doing. I love the people I meet and how they change and influence my life for the better. I love being able to make my own decisions knowing that the consequences fall only on me. It is so freeing and amazing and makes me embrace my age and the point I'm at in my life.

The only sad thing for me right now is that I have to say goodbye to a friend that has become my family, especially lately. She and her husband are moving to South Carolina, and I know it's not like we won't still talk, but I'm going to miss her being only an hour car trip away in Grand Rapids. She helps me deal with a lot of what's been going on since the break up in November. I never thought we'd get as close as we have...and it's funny that what really brought us together is the one person who is no longer the focus of my life anymore (she's his sister-in-law). I'm so happy we've become as close as we have, and I know we will continue to stay close even after she leaves.  God definitely has a plan and works in mysterious ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Year In Review: 2012

Senior Year: Procrastination in an art-form...

New Marriage, New House, New Job