Year In Review: 2011

Completing this year

What was your biggest triumph in 2011?
Passing my RD exam (and getting a REAL job with the credential!)

What was the smartest decision you made in 2011?
I'd love to tell you it was moving to South Carolina...but obviously I don't truly believe that (see above #3). So lets say the smartest decision was moving out of Grand Blanc, because not everyone I know has been able to do that. However, the whole jumping head first into becoming an independent adult thing is EXTREMELY difficult this far away from home.

What one word best sums up and describes your 2011 experiences?
'Enlightening' was the first word that came to mind...so I'll go with it.

What was the greatest lesson you learned in 2011?
Just when you think you have it all figured out...it changes!

What is your biggest piece of unfinished business in 2011?
1 word, proper noun, 5 letters, starts with K. I realized it was unfinished in February and then in June it became clear that he wasn't finished with it either. And now it's just really unfinished...BOOOO!

What are you most happy about completing in 2011?
My internship! :) :) :)

Who were the three people that had the greatest impact on your life in 2011?
My mom, The Cornell Dietetic Interns (I said them last year too, but they impacted me in 2011 too), and Kenny (I wish this wasn't true, but it is)

What was the biggest risk you took in 2011?
Moving 800 miles away from home to a town where I knew nobody...

What was the biggest surprise in 2011?
Realizing I had been repressing a WHOLE lot of emotions, which have all come to a peak in the last couple months

What important relationship improved the most in 2011?
I'm not sure I improved any relationships this year...I created a bunch of new ones, but I wouldn't say I 'improved' any existing ones.

What compliment would you liked to have received in 2011?
Like last year, how about the best compliment I got in 2011, which was that I am so brave for moving down to South Carolina all by myself and not being afraid to be on my own and follow my dream. *Note: I have gotten this compliment from several people this year.

What else do you need to do or say to be complete with 2011?
Nothing, as far as I'm concerned I'm as 'complete' with this  year as I'm going to be.  2012 is a fresh start (although I know several things will follow me like they have for the past 3 years...)

Creating the new year

What would you like to be your biggest triumph in 2012?
Finally feeling settled this far away from Michigan.

What advice would you like to give yourself in 2012?
Be honest, with yourself and everyone else around you.

What is the major effort you are planning to improve your financial results in 2012?
Keep up with all my finances (now that I have income and expenses to track...)

What would you be most happy about completing in 2012?
I don't know...I'll get back to you on that after I figure out something to start.

What major indulgence are you willing to experience in 2012?
Massage!!!! I will schedule one sometime this year.

What would you most like to change about yourself in 2012?
I would like to become a more confident/informed/intelligent educator.

What are you looking forward to learning in 2012?
Everything! I learn new things every day now that I'm working.

What do you think your biggest risk will be in 2012?
I honestly think I'm going to risk my heart again...(and I have a feeling it's gonna end up broken...but I'm risking it anyway)

What is one as yet undeveloped talent you are willing to explore in 2012?
Piano? Perhaps...

What brings you the most joy and how are you going to do or have more of that in 2012?
I wanna get back into music...I'm still working on the how.

What one word would you like to have as your theme in 2012?
Honesty

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Year In Review: 2012

Senior Year: Procrastination in an art-form...

New Marriage, New House, New Job